What I Did
Many improvements to my AdequateLife cooking page, mostly by dividing the information into multiple pages:
I’ve also improved my health pages, with one additional page:
- Basic First Aid – general field medicine everyone should know
- Weight Management – how to be about the right weight
- Modern Health Problems – a brand new page (!!) that describes how to manage health in a post-post-modern society
Then, I diverged into some basics on how to have fun correctly:
- Fun Ideas
- Fun Food & Drinks
- Alcohol Ideas
- Coffee Facts
- All About Tea
- Throwing a Party
- Enjoying Vacations & Trips
- Maintaining Plants
And next, to maintain the mood, I shifted to the art of managing hardship, with quite a few new pages:
- Overcoming Severe Hardship – the general ins and outs of sangfroid
- Handling Death – facing the greatest unknown
- Overcoming Personal Hardships – battling inner demons
- Overcoming Interpersonal Hardships – battling with those we love
- Overcoming Society’s Hardships – battling with society around us
To add some tinfoil, I broke down how to withstand the apocalypse:
- What is a Disaster? – defining a disaster
- Short-Term Preparation – planning for a temporary disruption in services
- Long-Term Preparation: Staying – planning for the end of the world, when you like where you live
- Long-Term Preparation: Moving – planning for the end of the world, when you want to get going
- Surviving Nature – withstanding the untamed wild
- Specific Survival Situations – odd, specific things everyone should be prepared for
- Disaster Checklist – what to pack
The writing has become somewhat hum-drum. I broke apart my work on GainedInSite into 3 phases:
- Edit the entire body of essays to conform to 2022 Dave, since it was written by 2020 Dave and a lack of editing is what differentiates “vast corpus of meaningful essays” from “what acronym describes that guy?”. I’ve just finished this phase this morning and, given that I have 2 more jobs, served time, and 2 different legal battles in between those 2.5 years, I’m surprised how a hefty chunk of my values and philosophy have not changed.
- Go through iCOUlDfaul‘s largest ~17 piles. My organization convention required me to dump a huge set of potential notes into “close-enoughish-don’t-want-to-think-about-right-now” piles, and the CEDWTTARN piles may go somewhere else.
- Sift through the other ~45 essays. They’ll go relatively more quickly.
I’m satisfied with my pace, especially since I’m in the process of moving my family. Nothing new to report on that end.
What I Learned
If dragons were real, the best way to defeat is not according to cultural convention (i.e., swinging dramatically at the head). Instead, it’s a far more mundane reality:
- Get all your gear ahead of time.
- Get all your gear in great condition.
- Scope out where you’ll fight the dragon.
- Prep your traps when the dragon is not around.
- Once you’ve snagged it, take out one its wings to prevent it fleeing.
- Go after a limb to get it bleeding well.
- After it’s weakened, put it out of its misery.
Life is fundamentally uninteresting. The myths portray success as a grandiose adventure of intrepid courage mixed with cleverness. In reality, most things in this life are slow, methodical marches of proven procedure and slow progression.
I’m sure there’s a time and place for adventure, but that’s only after you’ve stockpiled the adventure juice and gotten adventure insurance.
What I’m Doing
Working in an insurance office right now while I work through my vast body of essays. I’ve been distilling and thematically unifying all my creative works:
- Marching through GainedInSite:
- Philosodata (with some one-offs on AdequateLife)
- ~17 large-scale essays about large-scale aspects of existence
- ~45 essays about smaller, equally important aspects of existence
- Then, a venture into TheoLogos:
- Universal Christian facts
- Christian disciplines
- Christ’s influence
- Christ and society (with a new essay on cults)
- Christ and the future
- Alternative Christian perspectives
- My potential heresy
- Spiritual data
- And, finally, to the latest creation of NotaGenius:
- Human messiness
- Business – General
- Business – Money
- Business – Entrepreneurship
- Business – Management
- Finally, after all this, I will feel sufficiently ready to plow heavily into TechSplained.